Vag-Prog allows you to get and set configuration parameters that cannot be changed/read using classic diagnostics. The program works under Microsoft® Windows® operating system and supports CAN-BUS and K-line buses.
Vag-Prog 2012 is an indispensable tool in modern garage where is solved an essential part of the vehicle - electronics. In developing this program, we aimed for maximum simplicity and intuitiveness of use. It is not so necessary to learn a complex structures in memory and processor management. Frequently used operations are automated in a comfortable user interface. Basic knowledge of PC user is sufficient for programming control units.
Key featuresVag-Prog primarily uses direct memory access to EEPROM and allows you to perform especially the function below:
- Security codes read(5-digit PIN code)
- Odometer change
- Reading configuration (serial) ECU memory capable of storing on disk (backup data)
- Writing configuration file into ECU configuration memory (restoring backup, or configuration when replacing ECU, ECU cloning)
- Manual editing of data stored in ECUs configuration memory (it can be used for example to change the VIN code when replacing ECU)
- Airbag reset
- Panel cluster / engine ECU adjustment
- Standard diagnostic functions for faster work (Login, ECU pairing, key coding ...)
- Automatic memory backup in case of errors
Vag-Prog 2012 works under Windows and communicates with vehicle using MicroOBD interface, that connects to USB port.
Vag-Prog 2012 set
The program comes in set that includes:
- Vag-Prog software on CD
- Manual for VAG-PROG
- MicroOBD interface: OBD-II processor-controlled cable that supports CAN-BUS and K-line buses.
Hardware and software requirements
Vag-Prog can be ideally used on portable computer - laptop or netbook, but it can be used as well on personal computer. For connection to vehicle is used MicroOBD diagnostic interface, that connects to USB port of your computer.
Minimum PC requirements:
- Operating System: WinXP or higher
- Memory: 512 MB
- Processor: 800 MHz
- Ports: 1 x USB (outdated SiS700 OHCI chipset is not suitable )